- Population 632,912 (2016).
- Area Code 702.
- Tax: 13.38% Hotel Tax; 8.25% Sales Tax.
- Time Zone: PST - Pacific Standard Time: November – March.
- Pacific Daylight Time: April - October.
- Credit Cards are widely accepted throughout the city. ATM machines are located in many casinos, hotels, street-side and in the Convention Center.
- Hotel Personnel/Porterage: $1.00-$2.00 per parcel or bag of luggage.
- Restaurants: 15%-20% of the total bill is a good rule of thumb for tipping.
- Hotel Valet: $2.00-$3.00 to attendant.
- Housekeeping Services: $2.00-$3.00 per day.
- Concierge Services: $5.00+.
- Taxi: 15% of total.
- Airport Shuttles: Airport shuttles stop at many of the major hotels in the Las Vegas area. Shuttles are an economical way of getting to the strip, however, depending on how big the group is, it may take longer than a taxi.
- Buses: Public buses are also available from McCarran Airport to metro Las Vegas.
- Taxis run regularly throughout the city of Las Vegas and McCarran Airport. The fare from McCarran Airport to the strip is approximately $10.00-20.00.
- Uber is also available in Las Vegas. Check the app to see if cars are available nearby. A surcharge may apply for airport pickup/dropoff.
- Car Rental is available at the McCarran National Airport.
Las Vegas Attractions:
- Bellagio Botanical Gardens
- Fremont Street
- Streetmosphere at the Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian
- Mirage Secret Garden
- Las Vegas Mini Grand Prix
- Venetian Gondolas